I've been a volunteer mentor for a Teen MOPS group for almost two years. Last night, we heard a great devotion from my friend Amy. It was about resolutions and advice - and how God takes care of us even when we are wondering -- or worrying about the past, our present circumstances or our future. In a nutshell, "Let Go and Let God!"
We went around the room and heard everyone's resolutions and advice. Here are 12 notable ones for 2012:
1. Love people and use things. (Not vice versa)
2. Stop and think before you speak/jump into something.
3. Keep your head up - don't let anyone ruin your self esteem.
4. He won't change - no matter how hard you try to change him.
5. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get where you need to be.
6. Never stop learning.
7. Don't sweat the small stuff.
8. When you make a mistake, "fess up" before your boss tells you what you did wrong.
9. Never burn a bridge you may someday have to cross again.
10. Don't let people take up free rent in your head.
11. Learn to let go of things you can't control.
12. Listen for opportunity - it's always out there.
Afterward, we made journals to write down our blessings during 2012. Easy to do - just buy little spiral notebooks from the dollar store, cover/mod podge with a pretty scrapbook paper and add embellishments. Add a ribbon to the spiral if you like and - voila!