Welcome Friends!

Welcome to see mommy craft! Help yourself to a virtual cup of herbal tea and some fresh baked sugar cookies. Put your fuzzy slippered feet up and join me for crafting inspiration, family recipes and more. Enjoy your stay and please follow me for updates!


Sunday, January 1, 2012

Futurama


Blast off for 2012!

Take me to your leader!

Happy New Year!


Time to celebrate the new year! 

For New Year's Eve we had a quiet family night at home, but I wanted to make it special for my boys. I decided to go with a "futurama" party theme with lots of spacey decorations and crafts.  To help set the mood, I decorated the chandelier with silver tinsel and pink and purple slinkies as well as some pink and blue  stars. On the kitchen table, I made a table runner out of some white easel paper so the kids could decorate with crayons, markers, stickers and stamps. I even found little robot crafts and toys for the boys to play with and they loved them! For our party noisemakers, we filled empty water bottles with confetti, colored ribbon and jewel-toned jingle bells. We added robot stickers to the outside of the bottles too.

My oldest also enjoyed sipping a special kiddie cocktail just for him - sprite, blue Powerade, grenadine syrup and a maraschino cherry. For dessert, we had cupcakes and chocolates.

My favorite part of the evening was our dance party contest -- I took lots of video of the little guys boogie-ing to KC and the Sunshine Band and will post it as soon as I have time to edit (during my youngest's nap time!).

May 2012 be a great year for you filled with blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment